Cold Weather Shelter Shelter Visitor Information
The Salvation Army Area Command Headquarters at 2019 22nd Street.
Doors open at 4:00 p.m. for Cold Weather Shelter clients and close at 10:00 p.m. for lights out. Dinner is at 6:00 p.m. and breakfast will be provided at the shelter.
The Salvation Army of Jackson County is located at 3217 Nathan Hale Ave.
Doors open at 6:00 p.m. for Cold Weather clients. Dinner and breakfast are served.
The Salvation Army Cold Weather Shelter Rules
The Salvation Army MS Gulf Coast
The Salvation Army is happy to assist you on cold and extreme weather nights. However, for your safety, the safety of your neighbor and the comfort of everyone staying we ask that you govern yourself by these guidelines. Violation of these guidelines can result in denial of services.
- No Weapons
- No Alcohol
- No Drugs
- No Profanity or Slurs
- No Bullying
- No Food or Drink Allowed in the sleeping area
- No Sexual Acting out
- Be respectful of yourself and others
- Leave bad or quarrelsome attitudes off TSA property
- Everyone entering consents to a Breathalyzer test and search of their bags and person
- Smoking is ONLY allowed Outside – Use Ash Cans
- During these times: 6 to 10 PM and 6 to 7 AM
- Smoking is NOT allowed during lights out.
- Stay outside the door – Loitering around the building is NOT acceptable
- Do not loiter in the front lobby. This area is closed during Cold Weather Shelter hours
- Pets – we all love our pets, but we cannot bring them to the shelter
- Enter or Exit ONLY through the entrance
- During these times: 4 to 10 PM and 6 to 7 AM
- Stay out of areas marked “Employee Only”
- TV will be at the discretion of the Volunteer in Charge and ONLY family appropriate entertainment allowed
- Dinner is at 6:30 PM – Eat what you want while it is being served.
- When everyone is served, the food will be put away and the kitchen cleaned. Food will NOT be available after that
- Water is the only beverage served after 8:30 PM
- No Coffee will be brewed after 8:15 PM
- Lights out from 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM. This means you are to be lying down on your cot, cell phones on silent and everyone is quiet.
- The Shelter opens from 6 PM – 7 AM at 35 degrees unless there is rain.