Angel Tree Program
There are many children on the Mississippi Gulf Coast who will not receive Christmas presents without the help and support of people like yourself. Here at The Salvation Army, every child who needs Christmas assistance is called an Angel. When you visit a local retailer, you may choose an Angel to “adopt” and purchase new and unused presents to help make their Christmas a little brighter. Every Angel has suggested gift ideas, but we also encourage you to be creative! Millions of children in America will go without Christmas gifts because their parents can’t afford them. Financial and emotional stress dampen the Christmas cheer of families living in poverty.
The Salvation Army Angel Tree program aims to give children in need, between the ages of 0-12 years, a Christmas they may not have otherwise. Anonymous donors adopt these little “angels” in an expanding Christmas tradition that makes the season brighter for both the gift giver and receiver.
If you or your group (organization, club, church, business) would like to sponsor an Angel Tree or adopt an Angel in your community, please contact your local Salvation Army.
Adopt an Angel:
1) Take an angel from the Angel Tree
2) Purchase gifts for that child. There are gift suggestions on the Angel provided by the parent, but you can also be creative and purchase items you think that child would enjoy!
3) Don’t wrap your gifts! Bundle all of your new and unwrapped gifts and return them to the business where you received your Angel or you may drop the gifts at our Distribution Center:
4) Don’t forget to include your Angel code on the gifts! This way, we will know which child should receive gifts.
5) You may include gift wrap and wrapping accessories with your gifts, but please do not wrap your gifts.
In many locations, The Salvation Army needs volunteers to help distribute the gifts along with food for holiday meals to the participating families. Often times, employees and family members of the sponsoring organization help distribute their group’s gifts throughout their community. Sign up to volunteer.
Collect and donate new toys and clothes that children of all ages would enjoy. This way, should any children not receive many presents or not get adopted, we always have extra presents to help make their Christmas special. Plus, we always have emergency situations where a family needs help at the last minute.
If you would like to become a Toy Drive location, please contact 228-374-8301. In Jackson County, please call 228-762-7222.