From providing meals and keeping the heater on to putting toys under the Christmas tree, we lend a hand with holiday events, offering healing and hope and gifts that serve the body, mind, and soul.
Every year, we serve around 1,500 Thanksgiving meals in our community to families, homeless neighbors, shelter residents, those with limited mobility, volunteers and the general public.
Angel Tree delivers Christmas magic to children (0 – 12) and seniors (65+) through hands-on volunteers like you. We put new clothes and toys under the tree for children who usually have to go without Christmas gifts. Anonymous donors adopt these little “angels” in an expanding Christmas tradition that makes the season brighter for both the gift giver and receiver.
Residents of Hinds, Rankin, Scott, Copiah, Madison and Yazoo County are eligible to apply for our Angel Tree assistance program.
2019 Angel Tree Registration (Oct 21 – Nov 1)
Oct 21: 9:00 – 1:00 Seniors, 1:00 – 3:00 Families (570 Beasley Rd.)
Oct 22 – 25 | Oct 28 – Nov 1: 9:00 – 3:00 (570 Beasley Rd.)
Oct 29: extended hours until 8:00 (570 Beasley Rd.)
Oct 26: Forest – Abundant Grace Temple of Deliverance
Oct 28: Copiah County – Hazelhurst City Hall
Children older than 6 months are not permitted at registration
Only original copies of documents will be accepted (no photocopies allowed)
- Original Birth certificates
- Picture ID (Driver’s license, government issued ID)
- Proof of all income or if you are supported by another adult, you must provide their income (employment, unemployment, child support, food stamps, alimony, TANF, Social Security, etc)
- Proof of all household expenses (utility bills, cell phone bills, insurance (car, medical), cable, rent/mortgage, childcare, etc)
- Court documents showing custody (if applicable)
- College Student: provide current College schedule
- If pregnant, a statement from your doctor verifying due date of child is before Jan. 1st
Senior Requirements (over 65+)
- State issued identification with picture
- Proof of your current address (must be within the past month; electric bill, tax return, lease, etc.)
- Proof of income for everyone in the household including a caretaker or roommate if you have one (within the last 30 day paycheck, award letter, food stamps, AFDC, SSI, Unemployment or 2016 Income Tax statement)
You may only sign up for The Salvation Army Angel Tree/Toy Shop program if you have not registered for Christmas assistance from any other agencies in the surrounding areas. Angel Tree Gifts and wish list items are not guaranteed.