Financial and emotional stress dampen the Christmas cheer of families living in poverty. The Salvation Army Angel Tree program helps provide Christmas to children ages 12 and under in Hinds, Rankin, Scott, Copiah, Madison and Yazoo Counties. Your generous gifts serve as blessings for many families, help put smiles on children’s faces, and make the season brighter for both the gift giver and receiver.
If you are unable to adopt an angel, even purchasing just one toy helps tremendously. Simply return your new, unwrapped toy to any drop-off location, and we will use it to fill-in where needed to ensure all of our angels are fully adopted.
Adopt an Angel Online HERE
Shop online for Angel Tree at Walmart’s Registry for Good. The gifts you choose will be delivered to The Salvation Army and given to families in need in the Jackson metro area for their children on Christmas morning. Go to the Walmart Registry HERE
Corporate Angel Adoptions
If your company, school, or organization would like to reserve a group of angels for adoption, please contact Rob Pocai or Tina Richardson at 601-982-4881 or complete this form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 15. Corporate adoption allows us to reserve a number of angels specifically for your organization and helps tremendously with the process of getting every angel adopted. Please do not take more angels than your group can realistically adopt to prevent last minute fulfillment issues.
Instructions for Angel Adoption:
- New age-appropriate gift or toy items of your choice (Please do not include candy)
- Please do not wrap any of the gifts (this is an important security measure)
- Place all donations for each child into the provided bag and label with your angel’s name and number (Do not combine more than one angel in a bag)
- If you purchase an item that is too large to fit into a bag, write the angel number on a piece of paper and tape to the item.
- Do not forget to remove the bottom portion of the Angel Tag for tax receipt purposes.
- No gift receipts are allowed.
- All electronic games must be rated “E” for everyone, if possible include batteries.
- Return gifts to one of the following Angel Tree locations by December 8:
- Angel Tree Toy Shop: The Salvation Army Worship Center Gym at 570 E. Beasley Road
- Northpark Mall Center Court at 1200 E County Line Road
We, at The Salvation Army, understand that a needy child has some of the same wants and desires as other children. For this reason, we asked the parent or guardian to list any item the child desires for Christmas.
Here is a list of suggested BUT NOT REQUIRED items.
If a large item is on an Angel Tag, please do not feel obligated to purchase the item. Your Angels will be excited to receive any gift however great or small. Wish items are simply suggestions made by the parent.