The Salvation Army Huntsville Corps will conduct its annual Angel Tree Registration in a different manner this year. Beginning September 1, potential clients must contact The Salvation Army office to schedule an appointment to register to be a recipient of the Angel Tree program.
- To schedule an appointment call 256-536-5576, beginning September 1.
- Angel Tree registration will take place for two weeks, beginning October 9 through 20.
- Appointment times are 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, at 2114 Oakwood Avenue.
“In addition to upgrading our software and procedures for Angel Tree, it’s also our goal to provide participants with a smoother, less stressful experience with the program,” states Major Sharon Baso, Huntsville Corps Officer. “Without the generosity of families, local businesses, churches, and an army of committed volunteers this program would not be successful. We hope these improvements add more joy this season for all involved.”
The Salvation Army’s Angel Tree program is one of Huntsville’s most beloved holiday traditions providing assistance to families and children up to age 12, senior citizens age 65 or more, and adults with disabilities. Each year the community donates brand new toys and clothing to families who need assistance. Clients who wish to be considered for the program must register by providing the following documents to verify eligibility:
- Clothing and shoe sizes; and two wish list items for each child
- Picture ID for all adults in the household
- Birth certificate for each eligible child
- Custody document if applicable
- Lease agreement, rent receipt, or mortgage payment booklet showing proof of address
- Proof of all income, earned and unearned, for every member of your household
- Proof of all bills for household
- Tenant Profile if applicable (HUD/Section 8)