Angel Tree Assistance
The Salvation Army Angel Tree program helps provide Christmas assistance to families in financial need with children ages 0-12 or senior adults age 60+. You can apply for Angel Tree assistance with The Salvation Army of McComb, MS, if you live in the counties of Pike, Lincoln, Wathall, Lawrence or Amite in Mississippi or the parishes of Tangipahoa or Washington in Louisiana.
You may only sign up for The Salvation Army Angel Tree/Toy Shop program if you have not registered for Christmas assistance from another agency.
Requirements to register children 12 yrs old and younger:
You must bring:
- Birth certificates (parent and children)
- Picture ID (Driver’s license, government issued ID)
- Proof of all household income (employment, unemployment, child support, food stamps, alimony, TANF, Social Security, etc)
- Proof of all household expenses (utility bills, cell phone bills, insurance (car, medical), cable, rent/mortgage, childcare, etc)
- Court documents showing custody (if applicable)
- If enrolled in college, current schedule
- Child(ren) final report card from previous school year (if applicable)
- Only original copies of documents will be accepted.
- If pregnant, a statement from your doctor verifying due date of child is before Jan. 1st.
Senior Angel Requirements (over 60):
You must bring:
- State issued Picture Identification.
- Proof of your current address (must be within the past month; electric bill, tax return, lease, etc.).
- Proof of income for everyone in the household (must be recent, within the past month paycheck, award letter, food stamps, AFDC, Social Security, Unemployment, If paid in cash, must have proof on official letterhead).
- If you live with someone, you must bring a letter from the person, their proof of residency, their proof of income and their household expenses.
*Angel Tree Gifts are not guaranteed.