The Salvation Army is able to help families in temporary emergencies, as funding allows, by offering utility/rental assistance. This assistance can help people to stay in their homes and provide a boost back on their own two feet. A family is able to regain control of their finances by being given this assistance.
Our food pantry makes it possible for families, individuals, and senior citizens to receive food bags containing nutritious food items to meet their needs for several days.
Requirements for Emergency Assistance
Every time you come in for assistance you will need to bring the following:
- One Type of Identification (ID) for everyone living in the household. (Examples: Birth Certificate, Driver Licenses and Picture ID)
- Written Verification of ALL HOUSEHOLD INCOME – If you have no other income beside Food Stamps and/or TANF you will need a release of information form from your caseworker through DHS
- Printout from the Food Stamp, Child Support and/or TANF
- Copy of Pay stubs for yourself and others in the house (RECENT pay check stubs)
- Printout for your Social Security, SSI, and/or Veterans Income
- Any other income such as Direct Deposit, Retirement, Unemployment, Alimony
- Written statement from family or friends that help or have helped pay your bills
- ALL BILLS paid on a MONTHLY BASIS with receipts showing what you have paid (Examples: Rent/ Mortgage, Car Payment, Loans, All Utility Bills, Rental Payments, Any Type of Insurance, Phone/ Cellular Bill, All Credit Cards, Medical/Medicine, Cable/ Satellite Bill, Furniture, Daycare)
Each case will be determined upon your emergency if you will be assisted. If The Salvation Army cannot assist, we will do our best to give you other agencies that might be able to assist you.
Volunteer workers are needed to assist families with our pantries and emergency services. If you are interested and able to volunteer your time with these programs, please contact us at 337-433-4155 .