Held Spread Holiday Cheer This Season! Adopt A Christmas Angel Today!
The Salvation Army Angel Tree program helps provide Christmas to children ages 15 and under and senior adults 60 and up in Hinds, Rankin,Scott, Copiah, Madison and Yazoo County. Help us bring the magic of Christmas to more than 4,000 children and senior adults this Holiday Season! Your generous gifts serve as blessings for many families and help put smiles on thousands of children’s faces. A huge thank you to WAPT News and The Radio People for helping us make Angel Tree such a success every year.
Accountability: The parents/guardian of every Angel Tree child must go through a screening process in order to be selected to receive gifts through The Salvation Army Angel Tree program. Once selected, they must attend 3 Life Skill classes. If they do not attend these meetings, they are not allowed to receive their gifts. This is our way of ensuring each family is educated and held accountable – “Given a hand up, not out” – and hopefully use the tools to better their lives so they are not in need of the Angel Tree program next year.
ANGEL TREE LOCATIONS:
Y101.7 Location Angel Tree Adoption
Walmart in Flowood
December 5 – 10 from 6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
ANGEL TREE GIFT DROP OFF LOCATIONS:
Tom Kelly Toy Shop at Metro Center Mall
3645 U.S. 80 West, Jackson, MS 39209
The Salvation Army Admin Building
110 Presto Lane Jackson, MS 39211
US 96.3 Stuff The Truck
Walmart in Flowood
December 2 – 10
For questions regarding Angel Tree in the Jackson, Mississippi area please call Erin Campbell at 601-982-4881.
- Age appropriate gift or toy items of your choice
- Please do not wrap any of the gifts (this is an important security measure)
- Do not combine more than one angel in a bag
- Place all donations for each child into a bag
- Securely tape the Angel Tag with the child’s unique numeric code to the bag
- If you purchase an item that is too large to fit into a bag, write the angel code on a piece of paper and tape to the item.
- Do not forget to remove the bottom portion of the Angel Tag for tax receipt purposes.
- Return Gifts to an Angel Tree location or The Salvation Army at 110 Presto Lane by December 6, 2015.
- If a large item is on a Tag, do not feel obligated to purchase the item. Any gift will be appreciated.
- No candy
- No gift receipts
- All electronic games must be rated “E” for everyone, if possible include batteries.
We, at The Salvation Army, understand that a needy child has some of the same wants and desires as other children. For this reason, we asked the parent or guardian to list any item the child desires for Christmas. If a large item is on an Angel Tag, please do not feel obligated to purchase the item. These children will be excited to receive any gift however great or small. Wish items are simply suggestions made by the parent.