Food assistance comes in the form of a food box with enough food for an individual or family for three days.
All items in the food box are shelf stable and non-perishable.
Food assistance is available by referral from the Madison County Department of Human Resources, located next door to The Salvation Army. The following items are necessary for assistance:
- Picture ID of person applying for assistance
- Social Security cards/identification for all members of household
- Referral slip from food stamp office
- Utility bill, rent receipt or lease agreement
Failure to provide any of the information above may result in a delay of food service assistance.
Clothing Assistance is available on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
The following information is required:
- Picture identification of person applying for assistance
- Social Security cards and identification for all members of household
- Utility bill
Failure to provide any of the information above may result in an interruption of service.