Junior Soldiers & Corps Cadets
Last Thursday of the month @ 6:00 pm
Junior Soldiers (7 – 13 yrs boys & girls)
Junior Soldiers are members of The Salvation Army who have professed Jesus Christ as their personal Savior and who agree to follow the Junior Soldier Promise. Following an introductory series of lessons, children sign the Junior Soldier’s Enrollment Certificate and in a public ceremony become a junior member of The Salvation Army.
Some of the main objectives of the Junior Soldier program are:
- To help the Junior Soldier develop spiritual awareness.
- To increase their knowledge of the Bible.
- To give the Junior Soldier guidance in developing a lifestyle appropriate to their Christian faith.
- To offer instruction in Salvation Army history, principles and practices.
- To give the Junior Soldier opportunities for leadership and participation in various aspects of service.
Corps Cadets (Teens – guys & gals)
Corps Cadets follow BOLD, a practical training that provides the individual an opportunity to discover and develop potential for effective leadership in The Salvation Army as a soldier or an officer. The curriculum is a collection of units written by Salvation Army writers and published by The Salvation Army.
BOLD stands for:
- Bible study
- Our Heritage
The BOLD Scope and Sequence is a five year overview of the 10 courses to be completed in the Corps Cadets
Call 662-455-9679 for more information.