The Salvation Army Family Haven provides emergency housing for families without a home for up to 3 months.
The Family Haven can accommodate 15 families. The Family Haven is the only family shelter of its kind in the Coastal Alabama region. Both single fathers with children and single mothers with children as well as two parent families are welcome at the Family Haven. Parents who have children with disabilities are also welcome. “The Family Haven is more like a home than a traditional shelter”, said one family recently.
The Family Haven is an expanded service model designed with a goal of keeping homeless families together.
- 3 meals a day
- Private room & bath for each family
- Clothing Assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- Case Management
- Parenting Classes
- Financial Management Classes
- Job Preparation Assistance
- Childcare Assistance
- Permanent Housing Assistance
- Resource Center with Computer Lab
- Must be a homeless mother or father at least 19 years old with children.
Individuals and groups have opportunities to volunteer at The Salvation Army Family Haven on a one-time basis or regular basis. Family Haven volunteers may be asked to submit to a background check or have liability insurance prior to volunteering.
After school & weekend tutoring, mentoring and recreational activities.
General Volunteer Work
- Data Entry
- Serve meals—breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Beautification — painting, landscaping, ect.
Learn the history of The Salvation Army Family Haven and how it came to be by clicking HERE.
Check out Family Haven photos!