The Salvation Army Family Haven provides emergency housing for families without a home for up to 3 months.
The Family Haven can accommodate up to 15 families. The Family Haven is the only family shelter of its kind in the Coastal Alabama region. Both single fathers with children and single mothers with children as well as two parent families will be welcomed into the Family Haven. Parents who have children with disabilities are also welcome.
The Family Haven will be an expanded service model designed to keep homeless families together. Currently no other area shelter takes boys between the ages of 13 and 17 years old.
- 3 meals a day
- Private room & bath for each family
- Clothing Assistance
- Transportation Assistance
- Case Management
- Parenting Classes
- Financial Management Classes
- Job Preparation Assistance
- Childcare Assistance
- Permanent Housing Assistance
- Resource Center with Computer Lab
- Must be a homeless mother or father with children.
Individuals and groups have opportunities to volunteer at The Salvation Army Family Haven on a one-time basis or regular basis. Family Haven volunteers may be asked to submit to a background check or have liability insurance prior to volunteering.
After school & weekend tutoring, mentoring.
General Volunteer Work
- Data Entry
- Serve meals—breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Beautification — painting, landscaping, ect.