The best way to help survivors and relief workers is to make a financial contribution. Monetary donations allow disaster responders to immediately meet the specific needs of disaster survivors.
- Call 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769) to donate via phone
- Donors may also contribute $10 via their phone bill by text messaging the word “Storm” to 80888, and confirming the donation with the word, “Yes.”
- Checks may be made out to The Salvation Army Disaster Relief, PO BOX 1959 Atlanta, GA 30301. Please designate “2012 Hurricane Season” on all checks.
- A $10 donation feeds a disaster survivor for one day.
- A $30 donation provides one food box, containing staple foods for a family of four, or one household cleanup kit, containing brooms, mops, buckets and other cleaning supplies
- A $100 donation can serve snacks and drinks for 125 survivors and emergency personnel at the scene of a disaster
- A $250 donation can provide one hot meal to 100 people or keep a hydration station operational for 24 hours
- A $500 donation keeps a Salvation Army canteen (mobile feeding unit) fully operational for one day
All money donated to The Salvation Army designated for a specific disaster goes to support the service work surrounding that particular disaster. Disaster fund-raising effects only disaster-specific work; not the overall social service work that the Army provides to nearly 30 million people each year.
Those interested in volunteering in response and recovery efforts are encouraged to visit www.disaster.salvationarmyusa.org.